Q: What are the rings made from
A: ORACLE SMD or "Surface Mount Diode" Halos utilize an advanced type of LED chip that can produce brilliant light output while only consuming a small amount of power. The SMD chips are installed onto a CAD designed 6-layer PCB (Printed Circuit Board) which is very sturdy and will not break if pressured. The PCB can easily be mounted to a headlight housing using the pre-installed 3M adhesive tape backing.
- ORACLE PLASMA - Plasma LED Halo Rings are the latest advancement in Solid-State Lighting Technology. The Plasma Halos feature dozens of semiconductors which make direct contact to the circuit board essentially turning the entire Plasma ring into one LED. The design makes for optimal thermal management, high packing density, and overall high performance light output. This new technology is not only brighter than previous LED Halo Rings but it also features very consistent light output and appears as one solid ring rather than a ring of individual LEDS.
- ORACLE CCFL - Headlight Halo Kits use Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lighting XE technology, which delivers a smooth and even halo illumination. CCFL halos have an expected lifetime of 50,000 hours of continuous use and come with a Lifetime Warranty. CCFL Halos require an external power supply. ORACLE "XE" Power Inverters are included in every ORACLE CCFL Halo Kit System.
Q: How long will these last:
A: The ORACLE Halos are the highest quality halos on the market.
- SMD's have a lifetime of 60,000 hours of continuous use.
- Plasma's have a lifetime of 100,000 hours of continuous use.
- CCFL's have a lifetime of 50,000 hours of continuous use. That is twice the average life of ANY other kit!
Q: What kind of look am I Looking for.
A: Each of our halo styles offer a different look.
- CCFL halos have a soft ambient glow and a smooth output. Show up great at night, however in the daylight they are not as pronounced.
- SMD halos offer an intense appearance, a bright output and can be clearly seen during the day and at night. These are our most popular to date.
- Plasma halos combine both technologies of CCFL and SMD offering a highly intense light output with a smooth glow. These are by far our brightest halos.
Q: What colours are concidered legal in the UK
A: White and Amber are the legal colours nationwide. Red and Blue are considered emergency vehicle lights and are not legal.
Q; What are demon eyes, Angel eyes and Halos
A: Demon Eyes/Angel Eyes etc. are an attractive and legal alternative to the ugly OEM Daytime Running Lights our vehicles come with. Developed originally by BMW, the "Halos" surround the outside edge of the reflectors in your headlight housings. When your car is on the rings will light up just like your normal DRLs would. You can choose to deactivate the DRLs (that bulb will still be used as your high beam) or use the DRLs in conjunction with your halos.
Q: Who can install a Oracle Halo Kit
A: Any person having some technical experience a basic understanding of electrical circuits can install and ORACLE Halo Kit. We also offer professional installation and pre-installed headlights (email firstname.lastname@example.org for details).
Q: Will a Oracle Halo kit invalidate my vehicle manufacturers warranty.
A: Most dealerships will regard the halo kit in the same manner as a fog-light kit. Since these Halos have a completely separate wiring harness, the electrical system on the vehicle is unaffected.
Q: Will I have to do any additional wiring
A: Our Halo kits are shipped with "Plug and Play" connectors so you can plug the inverter directly into the parking light and turn on and off from the factory headlight switch.