Features Ignitor I
- Operating Voltage: 8-V to 16-V DC
- Temperature Range: -50 to 300F
- RPM Range: 0 to 15,000 RPM
- Can be used with most point-type coils, optimal performance achieved when used with our Flame-Thrower® 40,000 volt coil.
- Works great in stock point-type distributors as a trigger for multi-spark CD ignitions, eliminating the need for expensive aftermarket distributors.
- No complicated wiring makes installation easy.
- A solid-state electronic ignition system. "Never change points again!"
Features Ignitor II
IGNITOR II DELCO 8 CYL
The Ignitor II has many of the same great feature that the Ignitor has, but its smarter. Ignitor II units sense the coil current level and use a powerful micro controller to adjust the dwell. Variable dwell helps to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range.
Ignitor II systems develop up to 4 times more energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM than standard ignition systems. High RPM performance is improved when used with the Flame-Thrower II super low resistance (0.6 ohms) 45,000 volt coil.
Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
Develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage.
Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil and module life.
Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay.
Senses start up and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting. Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage.
Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-2).
Guaranteed for 30 months.
Features Ignitor III
Ignitor III, Delco 8-Cyl 1957-74. This kit is also the replacement module kit for the Flame-Thrower Chevy cast distributor #D7104600.
Ignition box performance without the box. The Ignitor III is our most advanced points replacement kit yet. It is literally an ignition box inside your distributor. It features multiple sparks throughout the entire RPM range and a high resolution REV limiter accurate to +/- 50 RPM which is set by the user. The Ignitor III module generates 5 times more spark than points. This of course means more spark energy creating more horsepower and better mileage.