Compared to our street/strip version, race units produce 42% more energy with 46% faster spark breakdown time allowing 48% more peak current to reach the spark plug. This abundant energy doubles the spark intensity during the critical one millisecond of burn time.
Great for both circle track and drag race applications where factory type HEI distributors are mandated.
· New lightweight A384 cast aluminium alloy housing.
· Aligned honed high quality bronze sintered bushings for reduced friction and extended life.
· Centre-less ground corrosion resistant shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation.
· RACE ONLY 7.2 amp module and 50,000 volt coil.
· Distributor gear is ground to exact tolerances for tighter mesh with cam. (Bronze distributor gear available)
· High dielectric strength cap with solid brass terminals and low resistance centre coil brush.
· Balanced rotor with nylon screws prevent arcing and reduce vibration at high RPMs.
· Specially designed vacuum lockout prevents changes to rotor phasing to maximize combustion burn time at high RPMs.
· TIG welded rotor and advance plates prevent high RPM distortion while improving reliability.
· Precision machined Chromoly advance weights and centre plate eliminate erratic timing.
· Additional advance springs included for fine tuning the advance curve to your needs.
· Limited One Year Warranty.
· For off-road/racing use only, not to be used on emission controlled vehicles.