The Ignitor replaces breaker point and troublesome factory electronic ignitions with a dependable, self-contained and maintenance free electronic ignition system. The Ignitor has been called the "stealth" ignition because of its quick installation and nearly undetectable presence under your distributor cap.
Operating Voltage: 8-V to 16-V DC
Temperature Range: -50 to 300F
RPM Range: 0 to 15,000 RPM
Can be used with most point-type coils, optimal performance achieved when used with our Flame-Thrower® 40,000 volt coil.
Works great in stock point-type distributors as a trigger for multi-spark CD ignitions, eliminating the need for expensive aftermarket distributors.
No complicated wiring makes installation easy.
A solid-state electronic ignition system. "Never change points again!"
The Ignitor II has many of the same great feature that the Ignitor has, but its smarter. Ignitor II units sense the coil current level and use a powerful micro controller to adjust the dwell. Variable dwell helps to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range. Features Ignitor II systems develop up to 4 times more energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM than standard ignition systems. High RPM performance is improved when used with the Flame-Thrower II super low resistance (0.6 ohms) 45,000 volt coil.
• Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
• Develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage.
• Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil and module life.
• Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay.
• Senses start up and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting. Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage.